My Top 10 Favorite Books of 2011: (in no particular order, except for #1 which was my favorite)
1. Right Package, Wrong Baggage-Wanda B. Campbell
2. Promises in Death-JD Robb
3. The Twilight Series-Stephenie Meyer
4. Be Careful What You Pray For-Kimberla Lawson Roby
5. Torn Between Two Lovers-Carl Weber
6. Summer at Willow Lake-Susan Wiggs
7. The Hot Box-Zane
8. Drop Shot-Harlan Coben
9. So Much Closer-Susane Colasanti
10. The Liar's Club-Layla Jordan
Here are my responses to The Perpetual Page Turner's End of Year Survey.
1. Best Book You Read In 2011?
Right Package, Wrong Baggage. Loved the characters and the story line, I definitely recommend it.
2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
It's a toss up between Sweet Valley Confidential and Sizzling Sixteen. I probably shouldn't have expected too much from the Sweet Valley book, but it could've been much better than it was. And I really wish the Stephanie Plum series wasn't going downhill, I miss the witty writing from the first few books.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
Twilight. Seriously, I thought I would hate it and not even be able to finish it, but I'm glad I actually enjoyed the series.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
Right Package, Wrong Baggage
5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
Twilight Series followed by the Myron Bolitar series
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
Layla Jordan (although technically I read the book in 2010, but oh well.)
Wanda B. Campbell
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Torn Between Two Lovers
9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
Looking through all of the covers, none of them are really a favorite.
11. Most memorable character in 2011?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
All We Know of Heaven-Jacquelyn Mitchard
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?
14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?
I don't know if this is my favorite, but it's the main one I remember right now:
"You were very deeply asleep; I didn't miss anything." His eyes gleamed. "The talking came earlier."
I groaned. "What did you hear?"
His gold eyes grew very soft. "You said you loved me."
"You knew that already," I reminded him, ducking my head.
"It was nice to hear, just the same."
I hid my face against his shoulder.
"I love you," I whispered.
"You are my life now," he answered simply.
I think it's really sweet once I look past the creepy/stalkerishness of Edward.
16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?
Breaking Dawn, only so I could reread it before the second movie comes out.
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
Right Package, Wrong Baggage (Micah's secret finally being revealed) and Torn Between Two Lovers when we find out who Big Poppa is.
And as a bonus, my favorite songs of 2011, in no particular order, except for #1: (and these are all songs that were released as singles, otherwise the list would just be the tracklisting from Beyonce's 4 album):
2. Run the World (Girls)-Beyonce
3. Best Thing I Never Had-Beyonce
4. Someone Like You-Adele
5. Look At Me Now-Chris Brown
6. Ni**as in Paris-Jay-Z and Kanye West
And my favorite song of 2011:
Have a happy new year! See you next year!