Sunday, April 3, 2011

Review-Torn Between Two Lovers

Torn Between Two LoversTorn Between Two Lovers by Carl Weber

My rating: 5 of 5 stars






View all my reviews

Torn Between Two Lovers picks up a few months after Big Girls Do Cry ends, with Loraine and Leon renewing their wedding vows. Loraine tells her other lover, Michael, that she can no longer be with him, but he's not ready to take no for an answer.

Loraine's ex-bff Jerome is still having problems of his own, Peter is still stalking him, the guy he's really in love with Big Poppa still won't leave his wife for him, and Ron, a guy who Jerome was starting to fall in love with in BGDC comes back into the picture.

I liked this one a whole lot better than BGDC since it wasn't bogged down with all that Egypt/Isis nonsense. BGDC was full of predictability but I definitely can't say that about its follow-up. This one was full of twists and turns and then there's a huge shock at the end when we find out more about Jerome's lover Big Poppa that blew my socks off, because I definitely did not see that one coming. It makes me want to go back and reread both books to see if all the clues are there.

This was a quick read (just under 200 pages) and full of twists and turns, so I definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment