Well, the Romance Reader's Challenge that I signed up for in March turned out to be a huge fail, since I only read one book that I chose, Deal Breaker. I'm going to try again for April, and this time I'm only signing up for 3 books. The categories are:
1. April: Read a book which title or author’s name starts with “A”.
2. Birthday: Read a book from an April B-day celebrant’s GR bookshelf whose “day” falls on the same “day” as yours. If no one has the exact same day, then go for the closest date. (http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2162...)
3. Geography: Read a book whose author, setting or character is from Maryland.
4. Fourth Month: Read a book that is fourth in a series, or has four words in the title.
5. The Royal Wedding: Read a book with a royal character, a book centring on a wedding or a book with a predominantly blue cover.
6. April Fool's Day: Read a book from the fifth or seventh category of either the February or March Monthly Reading Challenge.
7. Find-A-Rainbow Day: Read an LGBT book, a book with at least 3 of the 7 colours of a rainbow (violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange, red) on it's cover, or a book with a title that includes the word: dream/s, wish/es, or rainbow.
8. Taxes are due in US (15 April): Read a book with an accountant/book-keeper character, or due to a shortage of funds, read a free or borrowed (library, friend etc) book.
9. Pets Are Wonderful month (nodding also to Pet Owners Day, World Rat Day and National Hairball Awareness Day): Read a book with a character that owns a pet or has an animal on the cover.
10. Reader's Choice
Challenge Duration: April 1 – April 30, 2011
You can choose 3, 5, 8 or all 10 categories depending on your reading speed, books availability and/or time commitment.
I'm doing these three:
1. Starts with A- All We Know of Heaven by Jacquelyn Mitchard
3. Geography- Fantasy in Death by JD Robb
4. Fourth Month- (4th in series) Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer