Friday, April 1, 2011

Theme Thursday (7)

Theme Thursday is a weekly event hosted by Reading Between Pages.

1. A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
2. Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
3. Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
4. It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word) Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.

This week's theme is ANIMAL.

My entry comes from the book I just finished reading, Big Girls Do Cry by Carl Weber. I'm sure this isn't quite what they had in mind for "animal" but it's the best I could do, lol.

What I didn't understand was why she was so upset with Tony being back in the picture, because all of a sudden, she and Rashad were all lovey-dovey. The more she fought with me, the closer they got to each other. They'd been going at it like two rabbits in heat.

1 comment:

  1. Oh ya, Rabbits fit into the animal theme. I got dogs and we had a variety this week :) ranging from rabbits to wolfs ...

    ReplyDelete