Over on GoodReads, I have entered the Romance Reader's Reading Challenges March Challenge. Here are the rules:
1. March: Read a book which title or authors name starts with “M”.
2. Birthday: Read a book from a March B-day celebrant’s GR bookshelf whose “day” falls on the same “day” as yours. If no one has the exact same day, then go for the closest date. (http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2162...)
3. Geography: Read a book whose author, setting or character is from South Carolina.
4. Third Month: Read a book that is third in a series, or has three words in the title.
5. March Off to War: Read a book about war, the military or has a military character.
6. Mardi Gras: Read a book that is set in New Orleans/Louisiana, has a colorful cover (at least 3 colors) or shows a party mask.
7. St.Patrick's Day: Read a book that has a predominantly green cover or has anything related to Ireland (plot, cover, character, etc).
8. Doctor's Day: Read a book with a medical theme (plot, cover, setting) to it or a Dr. McDreamy character.
9. Of Shelves and Lists: Read a book from the first 10 pages of the contemporary romance shelf.
10. Reader's Choice
Challenge Duration: March 1 – March 31, 2011
You can choose 3, 5, 8 or all 10 categories depending on your reading speed, books availability and/or time commitment.
I'm going to go for 5 categories and this is what I've chosen:
2. Birthday: I picked Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris from BJRose's bookshelf
4. Third Month (third in series): Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
7. St. Patrick's Day (green cover): Deal Breaker by Harlan Coben
8. Dr.'s Day: Medical Error by Richard Mabry
10. Reader's Choice: TBD