Monday, March 14, 2011

Musing Mondays (1)

Musing Mondays is a weekly event hosted by Should Be Reading.

This week's question asks:
Do you have a favorite children’s book? Either one that you loved as a child, or one that you discovered later, and still enjoy? Tell us about it!


My favorite children's book is The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling. The first time I heard it was when my third grade teacher, Mrs. Brooks, read it aloud to our class. Being a chocoholic myself, I could definitely relate to John's problem! I teach fourth grade now and for the past few years I've read this book aloud to my students, and they all seem to love it as well.

Other books that I loved as a child:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl (again with the chocolate)
The Polk Street Kids series by Patricia Reilly Giff
The Mrs. Piggle Wiggle series

No comments:

Post a Comment