Thursday, March 3, 2011

Theme Thursday (3)

Theme Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Reading Between Pages...

Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event that will be open from one thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:

*A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
*Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
*It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”
*This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.

This week's theme is FURNITURE.

My entry comes from pages 281-282 in my current read, New Moon by Stephenie Meyer:

"Bella?" Jacob whispered anxiously. He caught my elbow as I swayed again, and steered me back to the bed. My legs gave out when I reached the edge, and I plopped into a limp heap on the mattress.

1 comment:

  1. There are a couple of references to a mattress/bed for this week. I hope you are enjoying this book.

    ReplyDelete