Saturday, March 19, 2011

Theme Thursday (5)

Theme Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Reading Between the Pages.

Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event that will be open from one thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:

*A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
*Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
*It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”
*This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.

This week's theme is CROCKERY/UTENSIL

My entry once again comes from Kindred in Death by JD Robb since I am still not finished with this book.

She woke just after five to the blessed scent of coffee. Opening one eye, she saw Roarke by the AutoChef, sipping a tall mug and watching her.
"I thought the timing worked," he said as he lifted a second mug and brought it to her.

4 comments:

  1. I love this series, so I think this is a wonderful choice! I can smell the coffee.

    Mine is here:
    http://abookwormsblog1.blogspot.com/2011/03/theme-thursdays-crockeryutensil.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend so much time on one book these days that I might as well run all my week's meme on them :)

    Good selection... Are you enjoying this read?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I did enjoy the book, just had a hard time finding the time to actually read it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. +JMJ+

    I'm commenting in 2015, so I'm sure that you've finished the book by now! ;-) I hope it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete