Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review-The Liar's Club

The Liar's ClubThe Liar's Club by Layla Jordan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Great book! Very entertaining and lots of unpredictable twists and turns. My favorite couple was Brijetta and Trey.

This story follows the lives of 5 people in Hollywood. The first couple is Sinclair and Omar. Omar is a famous movie producer and Sinclair is his trophy wife who loves spending his money, but is unhappy with their love life. So she starts having an affair, which Omar finds out about and he starts beating her and becomes very controlling and demanding. Sinclair's ex-husband Kwame comes back into the picture to cause even more problems.

Next there is Jaleesa Love, an actress who is desperate for publicity and roles. She blackmails her way into a role in Omar's new movie.

The third couple is Brijetta (I love that name, btw) and Trey Hamilton. Trey is a famous movie star who has a starring role in Omar's film. He is also a drug addict which upsets Brijetta because she always has to save him and cover up for him. She soons becomes suspicious that he is having an affair with Jaleesa, since he invited Jaleesa into his trailer one day to do drugs. Jaleesa finds out that Trey isn't having an affair with her, but there is definitely someone else that he has been fooling around with.

I liked all the characters, especially Trey and Brijetta. I felt that they did really love each other and that Trey was just very confused. I didn't like Jaleesa as much and was kind of glad she got what was coming to her at the end. Sinclair started off as my favorite character, but I became kinda bored with all the back and forth between her and Omar. Plus I thought that it was kinda silly at the end that she would mistake he husband Kwame for his cousin Mike.

All in all, great book, I give it 4 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment