Sunday, December 26, 2010

Reading Surveys

Here are some reading surveys I found around the web that will better describe me as a reader:

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
No. I usually read at night while I'm in bed, so no snacking

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you?
only in text books or in professional books. I never write in chapter or picture books.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
I will sometimes do dog-ears. Usually I just lay the book flat open on the floor by my bed.

Laying the book flat open?
see above

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Mostly fiction. I will get some non-fiction books, like weight loss or teaching books, but I rarely read them all the way through, I just pick and choose parts to read

Hard copy or audiobooks? Hard copy and now, e-books. I've never had an audiobook before.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you
able to put a book down at any point? I used to read to any point, but now I like to read to the end of chapters.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? not usually

What are you currently reading? Skipping Christmas by John Grisham and Irresistible Forces by Brenda Jackson

What is the last book you bought? hmm, can't remember although it wasn't too long ago. I think a book by Zane.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can
you read more than one at a time? I usually only read one book at a time. I'm reading two now because I wanted to try out my new Nook.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read? at night while in bed

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books? either is fine

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? Kimberla Lawson Roby, Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum), JD Robb

How do you organize your books? ummm...ORGANIZE???? what's that????

No comments:

Post a Comment