Sunday, December 26, 2010

Reading Surveys, cont'd

Another one I found:

Do you remember how you developed a love of reading?
no, but I remember when I first began reading "for real." My third or fourth grade class was going on a trip to the library and all the other kids were picking out chapter books. Up until this point, I had only read picture books. So I wanted to get a chapter book, too. The book I checked out was Sweet Valley Twins #21: Left Behind, which began my love of reading and the Sweet Valley twins, which then led to my love of Baby-sitters club books.

What are some books you loved as a child?
Sweet Valley twins
Sweet Valley High
Baby Sitters Club
Fear Street
Christopher Pike
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Chocolate Touch
Polk Street Kids series

What is your favorite genre?
African-american contemporary fiction

Do you have a favorite novel?
I have a ton! These are the ones I can think of off the top:
Flyy Girl-Omar Tyree
The Coldest Winter Ever-Sister Souljah
One for the Money-Janet Evanovich
Conspiracy in Death-JD Robb
Casting the First Stone-Kimberla Lawson Roby

Where do you usually read? in bed

When do you usually read? usually at night before I go to bed

Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time? no

Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
see previous survey

Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library? buy them

Do you keep most of the books you buy? yes, mostly because I'm too lazy to sell them. I have sold a few on Amazon

If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them?
I don't have kids, but some of the books I've shared with my students are the Polk Street Series, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books, the Scary Stories books, BSC books, and the Chocolate Touch

What are you reading now?
Skipping Christmas-John Grisham (might abandon it, though, as I was only reading if for Christmas and I've already read it before) and Irresistible Forces by Brenda Jackson, my first free Nook book

Do you keep a To Be Read list?
no, but I'm going to start

What’s next? I dunno

What books would you like to reread?
Eric Jerome Dickey's first few books: Friends and Lovers, Sister Sister, Milk in My Coffee, and my favorite Liar's Game

Who are your favorite authors?
Janet Evanovich, JD Robb, Eric Jerome Dickey, Kimberla Lawson Roby

No comments:

Post a Comment