Sunday, December 4, 2011

Review-I Loved You First

I Loved You FirstI Loved You First by Reena Jacobs

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I Loved You First is a young adult novella about a college student named Alex, who has a crush on her best friend Seth. Seth is the perfect guy and the perfect best friend, except for one being problem: he's gay.



I liked Alex as a character and could relate to her in some ways-hanging on to Seth because he was her only friend, and leading Dink on since he was the only guy to pay her some attention. I've always had trouble putting my own self out there and making friends, so I could understand how Alex felt in that regard. I didn't like Seth and it did annoy me that Alex was so hung up on him and I was waiting for her to get over that. The story dragged some but it did have me wanting to see what would happen next. A decent, coming of age novella that would be a quick, enjoyable read.



View all my reviews

Source: Received from author for an honest review
Challenges: 100 Books in a Year, Young Adult Challenge, E-Book Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment