Friday, December 16, 2011

Review-God's Gift to Women

God's Gift to Women: A NovelGod's Gift to Women: A Novel by Michael Baisden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


God's Gift to Women is a novel by radio personality Michael Baisden. I had read his book The Maintenance Man a few years ago, which I wasn't too impressed with, but I decided to give him another chance.

This novel is a typical fatal attraction story, where the main character Julian Payne (a radio host, just like Michael Baisden, what a coincidence!) has a one night stand with a woman named Olivia. Julian lets Olivia know that this is only a one night stand because he and his daughter will be moving to a new city the very next day. Olivia won't take no for an answer and follows them there.

I didn't really like Julian and I thought he was kind of a punk about the whole thing and the story had a few plot points that just seemed dumb and implausible (like Olivia becoming a longterm substitute at Julian's daughter's school...is it that easy just to become a sub?) but it did leave me on the edge of my seat, wondering what would happen next. A quick, enjoyable read.




View all my reviews

Source: Library
Challenges: 100 Books in a Year

No comments:

Post a Comment