Saturday, February 19, 2011

Theme Thursday (1)

Theme Thursday is a new meme that I came across on Reading Between Pages...

The rules are simple:

1. A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
2. Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
3. Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
4. It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”
This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.

This week's theme is LOVE.

My entry for this week comes from my current read, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, pg. 314:

"You were very deeply asleep; I didn't miss anything." His eyes gleamed. "The talking came earlier."
I groaned. "What did you hear?"
His gold eyes grew very soft. "You said you loved me."
"You knew that already," I reminded him, ducking my head.
"It was nice to hear, just the same."
I hid my face against his shoulder.
"I love you," I whispered.
"You are my life now," he answered simply.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww... One could never get bored of hearing those 3 words. "I love you" and how beautifully he reciprocates.

    Stunning snippet. Loved it.

    Thanks for participating Shelley

    ReplyDelete