Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Review-Confessions

ConfessionsConfessions by Sasha Campbell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Confessions started off kinda slow, but definitely picked up and was really good!

This story is about two best friends, Nikki and Trinette. Trinette is married to a good man, Leon, but they don't live together because he has a job in another state. Trinette is basically one of those "all about the money" women and will sleep with any man that will give her that money. She was really making me mad throughout the beginning of the story because she was basically acting like a straight up 'ho, but she does come to realize the error of her ways, but that's only after she loses Leon. Pure example of someone not knowing what they've got until it's gone.

While Trinette's story was interesting, I was much more intrigued with Nikki's. Nikki is also married, but her husband Donovan is away at war, and they've drifted apart in their marriage. Donovan sends her a letter saying it's best that they just move on with their lives. Nikki is devastated for awhile, until she meets the sexy and fine Kenyon. He seems like a dream come true, but of course you can't judge a book by it's cover. Kenyon proves to be straight up stalker crazy. Some of the things he was doing and saying, and Nikki and Trinette's reactions to him, had me cracking up at some parts.

I give this book 4 stars because it definitely kept me entertained. It started off slow and there were a few parts that I didn't like (mostly the parts involving Nikki's radio talk show host job) but other than that, I recommend it.



View all my reviews

Source: Library
Challenges: 100 Books in a Year

No comments:

Post a Comment