Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Review: Heaven Right Here

Heaven Right HereHeaven Right Here by Lutishia Lovely

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Heaven Right Here tells the story of three friends, Stacy, Frieda, and Hope. Stacy is shocked when her ex-husband (who is now married to his male lover) decides to sue her for custody of their son. Hope is happily married to Cy, except that she desperately wants to have a baby but so far they have been unsuccessful, plus Cy's old stalker comes back into their lives. Frieda is the requisite party girl of the bunch who will sleep with any rich man available.

This started off very slow and it took me awhile to get into the characters and the story. I was pretty much done with Stacy when she decides she wants her ex-husband back and sets about to seduce him. (Um, hello, girl, he is GAY!) Hope's insecurity about Millicent wasn't very interesting either.

The story did start to pick up right about the part where Stacy has a health scare and I liked her a lot better after that. I was happy with the way her story ended. I found the ending between Hope and Millicent to be a little too unbelievable. Frieda's story ended with a cliffhanger, but I really have no desire to see what happens next.

Three stars for this one. A decent read, but not one I would buy or read again.



View all my reviews

Challenges: 100 Books in a Year

No comments:

Post a Comment