Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Reading Year in Review

This was my first full year as a book blogger and I really enjoyed it. I have renewed my love of reading, expanded my never-ending TBR pile, and have a way of keeping track of all the books I read and my feelings on them. I signed up for many challenges in 2011, here's how I did:

GoodReads/Book Chick City's 100 Books in a Year Challenge
I was only able to read 61 books this year.

Book Chick City's Mystery and Suspense Challenge
Close but no cigar, I read 10 out of 12 books.

The Book Vixen's YA of the '80s and '90s Challenge
There was no specific number of books to read for this one, but I read 5, which is good enough for me.

The Unread Reader's Show Me the Free Reading Challenge
This one was a fail. I wanted to read 24 free e-books on Strawberry, but was only able to read 8.

Midnight Book Girl's Read Me Baby, One More Time Challenge
I signed up to re-read 6 books, I read 5 so not so bad.

Romance Book Maven's Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge
Read 8 out of 10 books.

The Ladybug Read's E-Reader Challenge.
I thought I would be reading a ton of books on Strawberry, which is why I signed up to read at least 20 e-books. Due to the fact that I put myself on a book buying ban and got most of my books from the library, I was only able to read 11.

Jamie's Young Adult Reading Challenge
Read 15 out of 20 books

Book Chick City's Summer Romance Challenge
This is the only challenge I completed this year. I read 8 books.

I didn't sign up for as many challenges this year, so hopefully I will be able to complete more of them this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment