Sunday, January 29, 2012

Review-One for the Money (book and movie)

One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)One for the Money by Janet Evanovich

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Great book, one of my favorites. This is the Stephanie Plum I fell in love with, the witty dialogue, the LOL situations, the lovable bumbling idiocy of Stephanie as she figures out the bounty hunter business. It's such a refreshing change from the disappointment of the last few books in the series.

The movie, however, does no justice to the book. I should've gone with my first instincts when I heard this movie was coming out and just not bother to see it, but the closer it got to release date and the more previews I saw, the more I wanted to see it, especially after rereading the book. But I should've waited until it came on TBS or something. I'm pretty much indifferent to Katherine Heigl (liked her on Grey's Anatomy, loved her in Knocked Up, haven't paid much attention to anything since then) but she wasn't so good as Stephanie. She played her a little too overly confident for my tastes. I hated the guy who played Morelli. I'd give the movie a 2.5 out of 5. If they decide to come out with another one (and I hope they don't) I won't be seeing it.



View all my reviews

Source: bought
Challenges: Outdo Yourself, Mystery and Suspense, Ebook Challenge

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it and I don't plan on it. I didn't like their casting choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was disappointed in their choice for Stephanie too. I'll probably go and see it, but I have no doubt that it could not possibly be as good as the book.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete