Sunday, March 25, 2012

Series Sunday Review (6)-Treachery in Death

Series Sunday is a meme hosted by Literary Marie. My Series Sunday pick for this week comes from my favorite series, the In Death series by JD Robb:

Treachery in Death (In Death, #32)Treachery in Death by J.D. Robb

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This series just keeps getting better and better. This one has Eve trying to put away some corrupt cops, right in her own Cop Central, and you know she's not going to take too kindly to anyone making a mockery of the uniform. We get to see Eve in all her glory going toe-to-toe with the female lieutenant of the Illegals department, who has done many shady dealings in her run as lieutenant. Even worse, she is the daughter of the former police chief.

Unlike the Stephanie Plum series (which I started reading the same time I started reading the In Death series) where I've grown tired of the characters and their same old stupid shenanigans, I still enjoy reading about the In Death cast of characters, especially Peabody and McNab, and I still adore Eve and Roarke's relationship. The only parts that I've grown a bit tired of are anything involving Dr. Mira, whenever Eve goes to her for her psych profiles, it turns into a snooze fest. Thankfully those were few and far between in this one.

Can't wait to read the next in the series!



View all my reviews

Source: Library
Challenges: Outdo Yourself Challenge, Support Your Local Library Challenge, Mystery and Suspense Challenge

1 comment:

  1. It is so refreshing to hear of a series that stays fresh, new and strong! (Unlike our beloved Stephanie Plum and her same shenanigans). Nice review! I have to check this series out.

    ReplyDelete