Monday, July 4, 2011

Theme Thursday (11)

Happy Fourth of July and Happy 100th post to me! Fitting that it would be on July 4th. Anyway, this Theme Thursday is late, but I couldn't find any references to the theme in the book I was reading last week, so I was just gonna skip it altogether, but I found a perfect one this morning in the book I'm reading now.

Theme Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Reading Between Pages.

*A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
*Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
*It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”
*This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.

This week's theme is JULY 4th (Celebrations, Independence, Freedom, Flag, Fireworks etc)

My entry comes from Remember Me by Christopher Pike:

But I used to have more important things to think about than God. Like whether I should try to have sex with my boyfriend before I graduated from high school or whether I should wait until the Fourth of July and the fireworks. I wanted it to be a special moment. I wantd my whole life to be special. But I just hardly ever thought about God.

No comments:

Post a Comment