Monday, June 18, 2012

Review-New York to Dallas

New York to Dallas (In Death, #33)New York to Dallas by J.D. Robb
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In this installment of the In Death series, Eve goes back to her hometown of Dallas to track down a violent pedophile named Isaac McQueen. Even put him away in jail many years ago, but now he's escaped and ready to get revenge.

I am a huge fan of this series and have enjoyed most of the books, however this one was a little too slow for me and it took awhile for me to get into it. Since it didn't take place in New York, there were just few scenes with the usual cast of characters such as Peabody and Summerset. As usual, I did enjoy the romantic interactions between Roarke and Eve, although there didn't seem to be too many of those also.

Oh, and the reveal about who Isaac's female partner was fell a little flat to me also. I felt that Eve was just a little too unattached to that when she should've been a bit more.

All in all, not a bad read, but definitely not one of my favorites in the series.

View all my reviews
Source: Library
Challenges: Outdo Yourself Challenge, 2012 Mystery and Suspense Challenge, Support Your Local Library

1 comment:

  1. I seem to be coming across a couple of people who don't think it's as good as his previous books - although all say it's not bad. My mom regularly listens to a book show called “The Book Report” and she mentioned that it was on the last show. I went to check it out on their website (bookreportradio(dot)com) and was rather pleased to see they have archived recordings of all their shows, so I could take a listen for myself. I did have to listen to most of the show, highlighting other books too, before they got to "New York to Dallas" (though not a bad thing, as "The Barefoot Executive" by Carrie Wilkerson also caught my attention), but was pleased I did…it’s one that can be bumped from my must-read-now list! Thanks for the added input!

    ReplyDelete