Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Review-The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First SightThe Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had seen this book reviewed on a few other YA blogs (although I only skimmed through the reviews) and I liked the premise of this one, which is about a girl and a boy who fall in love one night while in an airport. The main reason that I liked that premise is because many years ago when I did NaNoWriMo for the first time, I started writing a story about the same thing (never finished it.)

Anywho, in this one, 17-year-old Hadley is flying out to London for her father's wedding, which she is not too happy about having to attend. While in the airport, she meets and falls in love with Oliver, who is flying back to his home in London.

I was actually a little disappointed. I never really got into either character and especially wasn't into their love story. I was actually more interested in Hadley's relationship with her father and new stepmother. I found some of the events that happened to be a tad contrived.

View all my reviews
Source: Library
Challenges: Outdo Yourself Challenge, Support Your Local Library Challenge

1 comment:

  1. The title alone just don't do it for me. girl, I thought this was a book full of stats and data.
    Is the school year close to an end for you now?

    ReplyDelete